Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Vermonster



photos by Dan

top collage: 60s Purple French Sunglasses
-Jersey City Vintage Shop
60s Ivory Knit Sweater Top-UES Thrift Shop
Earnest Sewn Jeans- straight leg

bottom collage: 70s Ivory Day Dress- UES Thrift Shop


This past weekend I was lucky enough to escape to Vermont. I could talk about the fresh air alone in an entire posting....it's unbelievable! You really smell the trees & the earth. There isn't even the slightest hint of humidity, either. It's quite a new feeling for me after growing up in Georgia where you melt in July, & your only chance at survival is to stay in the water all day long. Something about the sunshine, clean air, and emerald green scenery made me want to loaf around & eat. That's exactly what I did..........the Vermonster got me! With each year that passes living in the city, I long for the country a little more. These little weekend escapes are crucial to survival in the urban jungle that is New York.

I ended up wearing jeans & light sweaters in the evening & breezy dresses during the day. Vermont is so easy & casual. It felt great to be outside two days in a row!


little peach

4 comments:

  1. It looks just fantastic! Both days look so sunny and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos by Dan! They really emphasize the beautiful clothes you have chosen to wear in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second photo :). I've never been in Vermont, buy it looks great.

    ReplyDelete