Sunday, July 5, 2009

beachy keen

photo by Dan
French Gelot hat
Striped LinenTop
50s White Cotton Shorts
(Charlie & me!)

Finally, a day at the beach! There are very few places that I feel more relaxed & at ease than the ocean. I mean, what's not to love? My little secret escape is just 1 & 1/2 hrs. outside of NYC is one of the most gorgeous & virtually untouched beaches I've seen. It's called Island Beach State Park & is tucked away on the other side of Long Beach Island on the Jersey Shore. It is about as secluded & quiet as you can get. Miles & miles of sugary sand dunes are almost completely hidden from the road. Just pick an entrance to the beach & walk about 100 yards through the sandy pathway and you will find trees & vines framing the trail. The first time I walked through the path I knew there must be something pretty special on the other side. Once you make it to the end of the trail it's hard not to stop & stare at how amazing nature can be. Every time I go there I am always so impressed with the cleanliness & natural state of this beach. My favorite part of this place is that it is animal friendly. I usually bring my two pups, Charlie & Jubilee who seem to have a new lease on life after a day at the beach as well!

I threw on a vintage striped light weight top I picked up at a shop in Williamsburg, Brooklyn with my favorite pair of 50s white shorts & was set! Don't you love the feeling of linen when the summery wind makes it billow? I can't seem to get enough of linen in the summertime, it just feels so good.

little peach

No comments:

Post a Comment