Monday, June 29, 2009

The Brooklyn Flea














Saturday afternoon was beautiful! Originally, I had plans to go to a little birthday party in CT but a sudden change of plans landed me at the Brooklyn Flea in Fort Greene. The neighborhood was really pretty from the architecture to the landscaping. I enjoyed a nice walk to the flea market and was starved by the time I made it there. When I walked in my nose led me right to the back of the market where all the food carts were. Do you ever have big eyes & and even bigger stomach? I decided to go for corn tortillas with shredded chicken & veggies......so good! I arrived towards the end of the market day & missed out on the handmade popsicles & fresh watermelon juice. There's always next time!

With a nice full belly, I started to make the rounds. Wow, so many interesting dealers. I spotted several beautiful sun dresses, really cool hats, & some of the most unique jewelry. Everything seemed to be vintage or handmade. It was like walking around inside of etsy only with music from the 60s playing in the background (my favorite). Oh, I'm already planning my next trip!
One of my favorite friends told me about the Brooklyn Flea & how much it offers. Boy, she was right! Next time I will follow her advice & get there early. What a great new resource.

I also wanted to share with you a rainbow that popped out Saturday evening after a sun shower. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!


little peach

3 comments:

  1. I want to go with you next time! when are these clothes going to be available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, let's go! I'll keep you updated in the next post about the little peach vintage store. There are some pretty exciting things happening this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to go too! love the new boarder!

    ReplyDelete